Folic Acid 400μg
In the beginning there is a tiny little human inside the mother. In the first few weeks of formation, an embryo to foetus relies on the health of the mother. Vitamins and Minerals with energy giving macronutrients contribute to the formation of a healthy foetus. Certain Vitamins play an integral role in the formation of certain systems in the body. Folic acid is essential for the formation of the neural tube. The neural tube forms the early brain and spine.
Folic Acid is a member of the B group vitamins. Other contributions Folic Acid plays in the body include normal blood formation, amino acid synthesis, and a healthy immune function. Folic Acid also contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy. Regarding pregnancy, Folic Acid tablets should be taken from when methods of contraception are no longer being used right through until the end of the 12th week of pregnancy.
Folic Acid 400μg:
- Contributes to the formation of red blood cells and to normal blood formation
- Contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy and has a role in the process of cell division
- Contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Recommended Daily Intake of Folic Acid Tablets:
Adults and children over 12 years of age, one tablet daily. Do not exceed recommended daily intake unless advised by a suitably qualified person.
Folic Acid 400μg Tablets are:
- Free from added Sugar and Salt
- Free from Corn, Gelatine, Yeast, Gluten, Wheat, Starch, Dairy, Lactose, Soya, Nut
- Free from added Artificial Colours, Preservatives & Flavourings
- Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians
Precautions: Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. All and any changes to your diet and supplement regime should first be cleared with your personal medical professional. This description should not be taken as medical advice, a doctor should be consulted for any medical issues. Allergy information: For allergens, see ingredients in bold.